Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Let's Get Organized!

Hello!
Today I want to share some organization ideas I found on Pinterest that work well for me.  I am pretty much an organization junkie, it's in my nature and I just can't seem to help it.  It drives my family nuts.

Card Organization-

When I first started paper crafting I was mainly a card maker and I still love making cards.  I had them all stashed in a box and although it was working for me I found a much better method from Jennifer McQuire.  If you aren't familiar with her postings, look her up because she is fantastic!


She has a video on this specific card box.  It's a Fridge Binz you can purchase at Bed, Bath and Beyond or The Container Store (don't forget to use the 20% or $5 coupon too).  Cards fit in this box snug but perfect.  It is a divided box so I have cards on both sides.  The pink tab dividers are labeled with each category theme and I made them from cutting up vinyl school pocket folders that are only 33cents!  I then used my label maker to label each tab divider, VOILA!  This system works perfectly!


School Organization-

I am also huge on saving my children's school papers.  Now don't get me wrong I don't save every single piece but I do save A LOT.  I enjoy scrapbooking their school years and placing their school work into the pages using flip flaps.  I know years later they will love seeing what they wrote and how they wrote when they were little.  We all know kids bring home A LOT of work LOL, so what I did to organize this craziness is I bought large file bins.  I purchase them at Walmart and placed hanging file folders.


Here is the bin I use and as you can see I labeled each file folder with their grade, teacher and year.  I also added a wallet size school picture of that year.

Here is a closer look of the file folder.  These were simple hanging folders but there are much cuter colors at The Container Store too.  I just happened to have these.  The labels were downloaded from Pinterest, just google organizing school work.

Organizing Pictures-

I really enjoy scrapbooking and I take so many pictures that many times I can't keep up with it!  Especially my kids school years although I'm not behind on that since they are only 6 & 8 years old.  I take pictures of their school year and scrap them as I go, but I really do my major scrapbooking during the summer before the start of the next school year.  

So I created this small box and added tab dividers using the Memory Box Tab Divider (love it).  I labeled each month on a tab.  As I take photos throughout the year, I print them usually at Costco and Shutterfly when they have their 101 FREE prints.  I keep them in my little organized box.  This system works so well for me because I have them printed and ready to add to my pages as I create them.

I found this little box at Michaels, but you can easily use any type of box.  I'll definitely be using my Cricut to label my box with vinyl!



Ink and Tool Storage-

Awhile back I shared the Close To My Heart Workspace Wonder System which I totally love because it keeps my desk so organized.  I am so glad we have this system because it really works and is so affordable.  Look how awesome this system works for your crafting.


This is my smaller one that sits on my desk because I use these colors often.  I use the Shin Han markers and CTMH ink pads often and keep my scissors with other tools in the caddy on the right  The top also has a tray that goes across and I it's perfect for other items.  


The Workspace Wonder can be arranged in many different ways to fit your needs and helps keep your area clean to craft.  The Small Tray on top is $6.95, Stamp Pad, Marker Holders and Tool Caddy are   $9.95 each.  Large Tray is $12.95 and Paper Tray is $18.95.    You can easily build your system at a very affordable price.

Hope you enjoyed my organization ideas, if you like them feel free to leave a comment.

Elizabeth 

No comments:

Post a Comment